The internet is a great equalizer since it levels the playing field for even the tiniest of businesses to launch their digital presence, at virtually no out-of-pocket cost. Tons of firms are doing a great job at leveraging their LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and TikTok profiles to raise awareness, target leads and drive business. So where does this leave the good ol’ website? Do they still matter? Does your business need one?
The answer may depend on the type of business you have, the product you sell, or your growth strategy, but if you decide that a website matters to your business, then I say make sure you take the time to build a website that matters.
Consider your website to be your business’ digital headquarters and beautiful front door, with your social channels serving as the windows potential clients can peer through to get a sense of who you are and what your business is all about.
In this edition of Bounce Ahead, we share our point of view on the power of a thoughtful website (with a few compelling data points to back us up!)
We invite you to read on and if you haven’t thought about your own website in a while, please do so since we are sure there are many ways you can make it work even better for you. And if you are not sure, send us a note so that we can consider your website and business needs together!
Bounce Marketing & Consulting
p.s. Please share this with anyone you think will enjoy it. Thank you!
p.s.s. If you’re getting this email from a friend - welcome! We hope enjoy it. And to get more, please subscribe to our list here.
Something to Consider
It’s a wonderful time to operate your business, since there are now so many (no cost) tools you can use to promote it online. And despite all the things you can do, keeping your website fresh, still matters. And not in the ‘it’s 2002 and I need a website up’ way, but in the ‘its 2021 and I need a strategic platform to drive my business’ way.
Many businesses think that they are ’covered’ since they have an up-to-date business presence on a few social platforms. And when this happens, a business’ website (if they have one) becomes an afterthought or even worse, an information (overload) repository, where everything about a business ‘lives.’
But if no one knows where the information is or if your site is disorganized or if your website is not aligned with your business' sales voice, is your website really ‘living?’’ (Hint: no, it’s not.)
Think about it, how many times have you visited a website and landed on a site that is poorly designed or not intuitive to use? And more importantly, how long did you stay on that site and what impression did it make?
This occurs a lot.
Since 87% of shoppers begin product searches online and 100% of Bounce Ahead readers are supremely intelligent, we all understand that in today’s marketplace, your website (and brand overall) must be in alignment as one cohesive whole.
Simply put, when built thoughtfully, websites drive business.
Here are 3 reasons why your website design matters.
- Credibility: A well-crafted website gives you instant authority and a place for visitors to learn more about you and your services. A user-friendly website with informative, quality content goes a long way towards establishing trust. While social media sites come and go (which is out of your control, BTW), your website is the central focal point of your online presence that connects all of your marketing efforts in one place.
- It’s your HQ: Building off the notion of a central hub, think of a well-designed website as your home or headquarters that ties in all of your marketing efforts. On your site, you control the content, the message, the look and the feel you want to convey to your prospects and visitors. Your website is your living room, the place for you to delight your guests. Shouldn’t your invited guests be treated to the best you have to offer?
- First impressions matter: There’s no way around this, people eat with their eyes first and if the meal looks unappealing, they are not going to eat. And neither are you. And let’s not forget, we have all of half a second, yes .5 seconds, to get them to even look at the menu.
But this isn’t 2002 and we must go beyond just having a fast and pretty site. Your information architecture, responsiveness, copy, images and functionality, when they all play nicely together, represent your business the right way.
If you are still not convinced, consider these statistics:
- 57% of internet users say they won’t recommend a business with a poorly designed website on mobile experience.
- As of 2018, smartphones held a 63% share of all retail website visits.
- 88% of online consumers are less likely to return to a site after a bad experience.
- 75% of consumers admit to making judgments on a company’s credibility based on the company’s website design.
As business owners, we all need to use digital effectively to make our jobs a little easier. And your website is the centerpiece that can play an important role in helping your cause instead of hurting it.
CALL ON US
At Bounce, we understand how essential it is to communicate effectively to build culture, drive business and create community. Bounce can work with you to develop a strategy for a fresh approach to your communications and marketing and deliver the most relevant content and assets to the right audience, at the right time.
We bring Madison Avenue quality to our clients directly from our hometown of Queens. We’re polished, but edgy. We’re big city, but small town. We’re international, but local.
Our approach is authentic, and often playful. We believe in taking a light-hearted approach with our work together and with our clients, but one that is also full of love. We commit to matching the passion you have for your brand and your people and bringing that to the forefront in all that we do with you. Partnering with us means building something more meaningful and wholehearted.
Let’s do this!
Bounce at Work
An easy-to-understand and engaging user experience is a top priority for us. We want those who interact with your organization to find your site simple yet super-informative, focused, relevant and enjoyable to explore on any device.
Watch this video to see these principles come to life for one of our clients.
(Small) Businesses We Love
When we work on complex backend or iron-clad security environments, we call on our partner at Unhinged Web Studio.
Unhinged specializes in building custom applications and servers. Our partner, Jeff, is an advocate of extreme programming and agile methodologies, including test-driven development; small, frequent releases; and SOLID principles.
Looking to step out of a cookie-cutter, heavily templated web environment? We can help.
Spread the Love
Thank you for your readership! It's readers like you that keep us sharing new editions of Bounce Ahead each month. We appreciate you ❤️ Would you share this edition of Bounce Ahead with someone who would enjoy it?